Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Spring in Yass

Some images of a quiet rural town.

Main street:

















Banjo Patterson Park - a tribute to one of Australia's foremost poets, writer of copious volumes and author of "Waltzing Matilda" and longtime resident of this area.


























Banjo Patterson
Find the birdie!  There's a Crimson Rosella in that foliage below!

















The front of my home.
















Daisies in my front garden.















Spring flowering plum tree, fourth season, in my backyard.


















Spring is for daffodils, Jonquils, Grape Hyacinth - any bulbs will grow in this region.


2 comments:

Jim said...

Beautiful John. Everything is the opposite! I couldn't get my head around having spring in September! I'm getting old, I guess. What a beautiful bird in that tree!
Jim

JohnD said...

Yes - the Rosellas love those long leaf gum trees as the provide a perfect shape camouflage. Things are opposite, while at the Sheraton last week an planeload of young American flew in to Sydney and they were all rugged up in cool weather gear in a 23C sunny Sydney spring day and really feeling it!