Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Active lives ...

When my doctor asked me if I led an active life, I told him about my day:


“Well, Yesterday afternoon I waded across the edge of a deep lake, barely escaped from a wild pig in the heavy brush, marched along a treacherous trail up and down a mountain, stood in a patch of poison ivy, crawled out of quicksand and barely escaped by jumping away from an aggressive brown snake!”

Inspired by my story the doctor said: “You must be an awesome outdoorsman!”

“No,” I replied “I’m just a sh*t golfer!”



4 comments:

Maria said...

I must admit to loathing golf. I once knew a woman who was so obsessed with it, though, that her desk had EVERYTHING golf oriented from her coffee cup to her calendars.

Ugh....

:)

Sharon said...

LOL!

JohnD said...

Well, as Mark Twain was reputed to have remarked - "Golf is a good walk spoilt!"

John Going Gently said...

titter!